Linking Google Accounts to Android devices is a part of Android Google Account Setup. While configuring, you can add one of your Google Account to your Android device. But if you’d like to add multiple Gmail Account on your Android, then here’s a complete guide on setting up the Google Accounts.
Adding multiple Gmail Account is easy and there are few things to take care of. Make sure the Gmail Android App on phone is up to date, update it, if it’s not. I’m assuming, you’ve a good internet connection to support the process.
Add Multiple Gmail Account On Android
- On your Android, move over to Settings>>Accounts & sync. There you’ll have the list of all the accounts associated with your device.
- To add one more Google Account(or Gmail account), tap on Add an account.
- Select Google from the next list that appears on your phone.
- Now, you’ve two options, to create a new Google Account or to add an existing one. Here I’ve existing Gmail Account, which I’d like to add. So Existing is the option for me. Tap on New if you’re creating a new one.
- Tap in your Gmail account information and click Sign In.
- Next, they’ll prompt you to join Google+ or even ask you to Set up credit card. You may skip them for now.
- Account sign-in successful, is the next screen that’ll ask you to sync various Google services to enjoy on your Android. Check what you’d like to access and leave the rest. Tap Next.
- Now you’ve setup multiple Gmail account on Android.
Now you can access multiple Gmail account on your device. Make sure to take a look on sync settings for the newly added Gmail account. It may take a while to load and display all the mails for the new Google Account.
Note: If you’ve enabled 2-step verification, you need to enter an application-specific password instead of your Gmail password the first time you sign in to your Android.
To know more about and access application-specific password, please refer this link.
If you want to avoid using the application-specific password while you add multiple Gmail accounts on Android, I’d recommend you to disable 2 step verification for the time being. Please enable it, once you’re done setting up the extra Gmail account.
So that’s how you can setup multiple Gmail account on your Android device. Please comment down, if you’re facing any problem. Do share and spread it to your Android friends.