Yesterday, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7. If you’ve not tried it yet, you can download it from the link at the end of the post. But this is not what we’re here for. Internet Explorer 10 comes with Bing as a default Search Provider, which I’ve never considered using as my default Search provider when Google, the giant tops it all. But in few clicks you can set Google as your default Search Provider in Internet Explorer 10. Here’s how you can set Google as default Search Provider.
Set Google As Default Search Provider in Internet Explorer 10
- Fire up Internet Explorer 10, and follow this link Set Google as your default Search Provider. It’ll take you to the Internet Explorer Gallery.
- Hit the big button that says “Add to Internet Explorer”.
- From another pop-up, make sure to check “Make this my default search provider”. Finally click on “Add” button.
- So, that’s how we can set Google as our default search provider in Internet Explorer 10.
- Try searching from the Address bar, if it’s not working properly, then click the gear icon(top right).
- Move to Manage Add-ons>>Search Providers. While, Google as default search provider, check the box that says “Search in the address bar”.
- Done, just few easy steps.
By the way, here’s the link for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 users to try it out.