Your Profile Could Not Be Opened Correctly, this annoying prompt which I used to get lately, whenever I try to open Google Chrome. And if that’s what troubling you too. Then we’ve have a solution. It might be some corrupt database or file, which is the reason. Now how to solve “Your Profile Could Not Be Opened Correctly”. It’s simple, get rid of those corrupted databases and files and your Google Chrome Web Browser is all set to rock again.
Note :- But before implementing or deleting the web data files from the Google Chrome Web Browser directories, I would recommend you to backup your Google Chrome essentials.(Bookmarks, Passwords, Google Chrome Extensions you are using). You can export your bookmarks using Transmute.
How To Solve Your Profile Could Not Be Opened Correctly Google Chrome
- Assuming you are done backing up your bookmarks and other data used by Google Chrome Web Browser. Now close Google Chrome Web Browser.
- Also make sure, option to show hidden files is enabled on your computer system. How to do that? Open Windows Explorer. Click on Organize>>Folder and search options>>Under View Tab, Check, Show Hidden files, folders, drives.
- Now follow this path, C:UsershomeAppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser DataDefault
- Hope you are at the venue on time, ready for the party? OK, Search for “Web Data” and “Web Data-Journal” files and delete them to get rid of the error prompt saying “Your Profile Could Not Be Opened Correctly”.
- Enjoy the prompt free Google Chrome Web Browser.
Another Method To Solve Your Profile Could Not Be Opened Correctly
Another method is simple, just delete the existing user and create a new one. Deleting user from Google Chrome Web Browser deletes all your data(Bookmarks, Passwords, Google Chrome Extensions you are using) associated with the account. Here’s how to do that?
- In Google Chrome, Click on that wrench icon (located on extreme top right), move on to Settings/Options.
- Under Personal Stuff>>Users, use the Delete this user button to delete.
- Now all your data associated with that user account is gone, phew!!
- Give a new start by adding the new user.
Still facing any issues? Comment them down. Or why not give Mozilla Firefox a try