Firebug sure is the best Add-on to develop and debug web pages easily, but the tool itself is only restricted to Mozilla Firefox. But if you are a Google Chrome user looking for a Firebug Chrome, then we have the ultimate alternative Firebug-Lite which can be considered as a Firebug for Chrome.
Chrome Firebug – Firebug Lite
Firebug Lite can be considered as the Firebug for Chrome which allows web developers to enjoy almost all features which they used to enjoy using Firebug. Firebug Lite has tried its best to replicate almost all features which are present in Firebug, but certainly with a name like Firebug Lite, one can’t expect to have all the features of Firebug. But still, lets check out what the
Features of Chrome Firebug
- Enriched Firebug menu options to choose.
- Almost same user-interface as that of Firebug.
- Web Developers can easily inspect elements on their web pages.
- Users can edit HTML, CSS properties in real time. Can also visualize and edit CSS rules.
- Autocomplete feature for commands.
- Can view scripts in real time.
- Unlike Firebug, Firebug Lite is compatible with all the modern web browsers.
- Works without internet connection.
And much more features when you really going to try your hands on it. But it still lacks some features. Here are some limitations which might put you off.
- Firebug Lite cannot read external sources.
- Not friendly with web pages using Frames.
How To Use Firebug for Chrome?
- Download and install Firebug for Chrome.
- Restart or reload the web browsers tab and you are good to go.
- Click on the Firebug icon to start debugging and deploying web pages on the move.
So, use Firebug for Chrome and do share your experience with us and here are some more Google Chrome Extensions for Web Developers which can be used in conjunction with the Firebug Chrome to enhance it.