It is a very common problem, that computer fails to recognize microphone. Computer running on Windows OS sometimes does not recognize microphone due to which users have to suffer a lot. All those using Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 and are facing such problems, can use this tutorial to get their issue resolved.
Computer not recognizing microphone, it can be due to following reasons.
- Non-Compatible Sound/Audio Drivers.
- Sound Drivers are not up to date.
- Sound Card not installed properly.
- Microphone option is disabled.
Solution To Computer Not Recognizing Microphone
First of all download and install the latest version of audio driver compatible to your Windows Operating System. After the installation, restart the computer. After that, try using your Microphone by plugging it in. If that works fine, your problem is resolved. Else proceed with the following tutorial.
- Go to Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Manage audio devices.
- Check whether the microphone is enabled or not(A green tick mark signifies that it is working properly).
- Check whether it is working now or not. Check whether it is muted? If yes, unmute it.
- If it still not detected by the computer system, correct the configuration of front/rear microphone.
- By this time, it should be detected by your computer system.
Sometimes,even after detection microphone fails to work properly. Then please proceed with the further investigation.
- Go to Control Panel>>Ease of Access>>Set up a microphone.
- Follow with the wizard to set up a microphone. By now, it should work properly.
If still it is not working, please try the sound playback troubleshooter.
- Visit this webpage.
- Click on the button(Microsoft Fix it).
- This will download a short file namely MicrosoftFixit.AudioPlayback.Run.exe.
- Run the application, the application will automatically diagnose and fix the problem aka One-Click Fix.
By the time your microphone should work properly. Do comment if you are still facing any problem. I will be happy to help you.