Why Motorola DEFY Is Better Than Motorola DEFY PLUS
- Talking about the processors first, Motorola DEFY houses a 800MHz Cortex-A8 processor, TI OMAP3610 chipset whereas Motorola DEFY Plus is having 1 GHz TI OMAP 3620 processor. The difference between the two processor is that the TI OMAP 3610(what used in Motorola DEFY) is under-clocked version of same, what used in Motorola DEFY Plus. So there won’t be much difference between the performance of the two devices. However, you can overclocked Motorola DEFY to run at 1.5GHz. Try this at your own risk.
- Both the Smartphone has 2GB internal memory, 2GB micro SD card included in the package box, where Motorola DEFY Plus has 512 MB RAM and 1 GB ROM and Motorola DEFY has only 512MB RAM. Both the devices can be expanded to 32GB via micro SD.
- Coming to design and display, both the smartphone measures 59 x 107 x 13.4 mm, not change in the design, display measures 3.7 inches(~265 ppi pixel density), 480 x 854 pixels. No change at all. You can see the image, there’s no difference when it comes to design.
- Both the device sports a 5MP camera with LED Flash and auto-focus, 2592X1944 pixels. Motorola DEFY Plus can record videos at 30fps whereas Motorola DEFY users can enjoy VGA video recording quality. But that’s not a feature to appreciate in the device which is 4K more than the latter. Both the smartphone lacks front facing camera for video-calling.
- Motorola DEFY Plus runs on Android OS v2.3 aka Gingerbread whereas the other one is having Android OS v2.2(Froyo). Geeky users can try Cyanogen Mod 7 which can run Android OSv2.3 on Motorola DEFY easily.
- Connectivity features are same too, 3G with HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA, 2 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, the only difference is that Motorola DEFY users can enjoy Wi-Fi hotspot when they are having a device running Android OS v2.2(Froyo), rest the Bluetooth and microUSB v2.0 are same.
- Motorola DEFY is powered by 1540 mAh whereas Motorola DEFY Plus uses (1540+160)mAh = 1700 mAh battery to power up the device. Not much difference to appreciate with the price Motorola is selling the newer version.
- There’s not much difference between the user-interface as the two smartphone are based on MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets.
- Last but not the least, the price, Motorola DEFY is now available at 14,000INR approx whereas Motorola DEFY Plus requires more 4,000INR to buy.
If you are going for Motorola DEFY Plus, then I would better recommend either buying Motorola DEFY or Samsung Galaxy S LCD which costs 18,258 INR, a far better Android Smartphone than Motorola DEFY Plus. My opinion, Motorola DEFY Plus is not worth the money if you agree with reasons mentioned above.
What do you think about this deal? Do share your opinion with us?