- How to - Settings>>Display>>Brightness
- Reducing brightness will ultimately give a promising boost to the battery life.
- How to - Settings>>Sound>>Phone Vibrate
- Phone Vibration consumes a tremendous amount of power, turning it OFF will let your battery life to work for a longer period.Moreover,keep the ringer on a low volume if possible.
- Download some themes with Black Background.One can get it from here themes for android
- How to - Settings>>Wireless controls>>Mobile networks>>Use only 2G
- If 3G network is not required or is not available on your location,you can better use 2G network and save battery life.
- How to - Settings>>Display>>Screen Timeout
- Screen Timeout is a setting which lets you set the minimum time after which the display of the device is turned off.Shorter the Screen Timeout,less power your device will use.
- How to - Settings>>Wireless Controls>>Wi Fi or Bluetooth.
- Wireless Features like Wi Fi and Bluetooth, should be turned off when not in use.Wireless Network Transmitter uses power to search for the network.Device not in connection tends to search one when left activated.
Do not leave Application Running when not in use
- Properly close applications when you`re done with them.
- How to - Press and hold the “End Key” until a menu appears.Then select the “Airplane Mode” to turn off your Phone transmitter.Moreover switch it off when not in use while in flights.
- Charge your phone when it indicates “low battery” and charge it in a go till it`s fully charged.
Try to Avoid Third Party Applications
- Shun the use of Third Party Applications and also try to avoid overloading your device with useless Applications.
Disable Auto Sync
- How To - Settings>>Accounts and sync>>Uncheck the Background data option.
- Auto-sync is a feature which allows the applications to sync,send and receive data at any time. If not in use, one can disable it to extend the battery life of Android Phones.
So these are some of the tips to extend the battery life of Android phones to some extent. If I forgot to add some tips, do remind me via comments.